Sunday, April 18, 2010

Web 2.0 Awards list (#19)

When I was looking at the Web 2.0 awards, I found that Twitter was listed on the website. I've heard about twitter, but wasn't sure exactly what it was.

I was visiting some family this weekend, and I asked one of my nephews what Twitter was about. He told me that people use Twitter for many reasons, but the main reason he used it was to follow news. He said he follows the local newspaper, CNN news, and ESPN on Twitter and that's how he gets news instead of going to the website. He even said that it replaced his RSS feed (more on that later).

He showed me his Twitter account, and it looked a bit complicated. I saw a couple of news "headlines" and links to the story on their webpage. He also showed me that he followed some celebrities, like Taylor Swift, and he showed me a couple of her "tweets," which were just some random statements.

I'm not sure if I totally understand Twitter, but if I ever want to start an account, I may ask my nephew some more questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment